Welcome Message from Chair of Governors
On behalf of the Board of Governors, I welcome this opportunity to briefly introduce you to the work the Governing Body undertakes to ensure that your child(ren) receive an outstanding education in a safe and happy environment.
The Governing Body has a range of powers and duties laid down by various Education Acts. In the main, these responsibilities relate to:
- Setting targets and promoting high standards of educational achievement
- Setting the strategic framework within which the school operates
- Management of the school’s delegated budget
- Ensuring that the curriculum for the school is balanced and broadly based
Governors discharge the above responsibilities, together with many others, through a Governing Body meeting each term. These formal meetings are supplemented by a series of sub-committee meetings dealing with more specific issues. A number of governors, referred to as ‘Link Governors’ also have have responsibilities for specific areas within the school such as mathematics, curriculum development, special educational needs and disability and pupil attendance.
Governors adopt, review and monitor a range of policies that govern the operation of the school including Health and Safety, Behaviour, Curriculum and Performance Management.
Alderley Edge Community Primary School draws a unique strength from its size, to create an ‘all-inclusive community’ where staff, pupils, parents and governors work together to ensure that all our pupils have the opportunity to develop to their full potential and to ‘make a difference’.
The Governing Body is, therefore, rightly proud of the achievements of the school, not only in terms of high academic results, but also in the solid foundations it provides in preparing all our pupils for the remainder of their formative education.
We are keen to maintain effective and open channels of communication and are always open to any suggestions or comments the school community has. If you would like to contact any member of the Governing Body, please do so via the school office or via email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to know any more information about Governorship then please click on this LINK.
Tony Smith, Chair of Governors
For further information regarding our work towards possible conversion to an academy and subsequently becoming part of The Collaborative Educational Trust of Wilmslow go to the TCET website
Alternatively, do contact the school's Headteacher and/or Chair of Governors if you have any questions.
Governance Statement for 2016 - 2017 (Summary for previous year)
Governing Body Profile for 2017 - 2018
Becoming a Governor
Have you considered becoming a Governor? Please click HERE to download a letter and form which will enable you to express your interest in becoming a Governor.
Instrument of Government
GB Delegation Planner
Full Governing Body Meeting
Minutes are taken at every meeting. These can be viewed by clicking on the links below.
- Summer Term 2017 GB Meeting
- Spring Term 2017 GB Meeting
- Autumn Term 2016 GB Meeting
- Summer Term 2016 GB Meeting
- Spring Term 2016 GB Meeting
- Autumn Term 2015 GB Meeting
- Summer Term 2015 GB Meeting
- Spring Term 2015 GB Meeting
- Autumn Term 2014 GB Meeting
- Summer Term 2014 GB Meeting
- Spring Term 2014 GB Meeting
- Autumn Term 2013 GB Meeting
- Summer Term 2013 GB Meeting
- Spring Term 2013 GB Meeting
- Autumn Term 2012 GB Meeting
- Summer Term 2012 GB Meeting
- Spring Term 2012 GB Meeting
- Autumn Term 2011 GB Meeting
Teaching and Learning Sub-Committee
- Autumn Term 2017 T&L Meeting
- Summer Term 2017 T&L Meeting
- Spring Term 2017 T&L Meeting
- Autumn Term 2016 T&L Meeting
- Summer Term 2016 T&L Meeting
- Autumn Term 2017 Assets Meeting
- Summer Term 2017 Assets Meeting
- Spring Term 2017 Assets Meeting
- Autumn Term 2016 Assets Meeting
- Summer Term 2016 Assets Meeting