Mission Statement and Aims
Every school must publish their ethos and values on their website. At Alderley Edge Community Primary School we see our ethos and values as our Mission, Aims and School Essentials which were agreed at a joint meeting with staff, parents, governors and members of the local community
Mission Statement - An Inclusive Community Inspiring Lifelong Learners
- We provide a secure, safe and nurturing environment where children flourish.
- We provide all children with an exciting range of experiences and opportunities to recognise their own qualities regardless of need, ensuring that there is equality of opportunity.
- We provide a broad and balanced curriculum that inspires children to maximise their potential.
- We promote mutual respect, understanding and tolerance so enabling children to embrace diversity.
- We foster an ethos of teamwork to ensure continuous improvement and the highest standards of achievement and behaviour.
- We enable children to develop self-confidence, resilience and independence taking ownership of their learning and enabling them to meet future challenges.
- We promote professional relationships and mutual respect between all members of the school community thus modelling positive behaviours and attitudes for our children.
- We will keep the school at the heart of the local community, collaborating for mutual benefit to create and sustain positive opportunities for all
School Essentials are the drivers for our curriculum that will enable us to shape the curriculum around the needs and wants of our school and the children. Our drivers will be…
Possibilities and Risk – our curriculum allows children to be inquisitive and aspire to tackle things they have never encountered before and equips them to learn to manage uncertainties and assess risk whilst having fun.
Philosophy – our curriculum allows children to think deeply and reflect imaginatively
Independence – our curriculum allows children to become independent learners and take the initiative with their own learning, development and future needs.