Virtual Learning Environment
The VLE is a year group specific area on the school website for families and their children.
It differs from then main website in a number of ways as it provides parents in each year group with an access point for their child's learning and activities.
- Homework - showing exactly what the homework is and when it needs to be returned
- specific information about the curriculum for that year group
- specific information about what is being taught in that year group
- specific information about what has been happening in that year group including images of the children on trips, doing special activities in school or simply what they have been doing in school.
- links to specific websites to aid learning at home
- notices and a calendar specifically for your child's year group
- upcoming events for your child's class
- an e-portfolio - this allows the children to create and manage information about themselves and what they have been doing at home or on holiday, save and retrieve work, make contact with their school friends - all within a safe network that can only be accessed by children in school.
- all teachers including the headteacher have access to the VLE and can give VLE points as rewards recognising achievements and effort made in school.
- a to do list so the children learn to manage themselves and their work or activities
Each class VLE site is different and reflects the needs of the year group following dialogue with the parent groups over many years.
If you would like additional information on your child's VLE homepage then please contact the class teacher either in person or by emailing email@example.com
If you forget, lose or feel your login details have been compromised in anyway then please email the school office (firstname.lastname@example.org) or alternatively contacting Gill Fox or Rachel French in the School Office on 01625 704 510 so that the situation can be rectified.
There is a link on the homepage which takes you directly to the VLE login page.