Welcome from the Chair of Governors
On behalf of the Board of Governors, I welcome this opportunity to briefly introduce you to the work the Governing Body undertakes to ensure that your child(ren) receive an outstanding education in a safe and happy environment.
The Governing Body has a range of powers and duties laid down by various Education Acts. In the main, these responsibilities relate to:
- Setting targets and promoting high standards of educational achievement
- Setting the strategic framework within which the school operates
- Management of the school’s delegated budget
- Ensuring that the curriculum for the school is balanced and broadly based
- Governors discharge the above responsibilities, together with many others, through a Governing Body meeting each term. These formal meetings are supplemented by a series of sub-committee meetings dealing with more specific issues. A number of governors, referred to as ‘Link Governors’ also have have responsibilities for specific areas within the school such as mathematics, curriculum development, special educational needs and disability and pupil attendance.
Governors adopt, review and monitor a range of policies that govern the operation of the school including Health and Safety, Behaviour, Curriculum and Performance Management.
Alderley Edge Community Primary School draws a unique strength from its size, to create an ‘all-inclusive community’ where staff, pupils, parents and governors work together to ensure that all our pupils have the opportunity to develop to their full potential and to ‘make a difference’.
The Governing Body is, therefore, rightly proud of the achievements of the school, not only in terms of high academic results, but also in the solid foundations it provides in preparing all our pupils for the remainder of their formative education.
We are keen to maintain effective and open channels of communication and are always open to any suggestions or comments the school community has. If you would like to contact any member of the Governing Body, please do so via the school office or via email email@example.com
Wendy Davies, Chair of Governors
For further information regarding our work towards possible conversion to an academy and subsequently becoming part of The Collaborative Educational Trust of Wilmslow go to the TCET website
Alternatively, do contact the school's Headteacher and/or Chair of Governors if you have any questions.
Becoming a Governor
Have you considered becoming a Governor? Please see contact our Chair of Governors or see Inspiring Governance for more details: Inspiring Governance