COVID 19 - CHESHIRE EAST ADVICE RE INCREASE IN CASES - 12 OCT 2021
Please read the latest Cheshire East Public Health Guidance and note the changes now in operation due to increase COVID 19 cases in the community.
In view of the high levels of infection within the borough and our neighbouring local authorities, Cheshire East are recommending that where one individual in a household tests positive, children and young people from that household who attend schools or college should:-
- Limit their social contacts.
- Arrange for a PCR test and they should not attend school or college for a minimum of 5 days.
- If the test result is positive the person should self-isolate as require by law
As you are aware at Alderley Edge Community Primary School we have already enhanced our measures to reduce infection by:
- Reintroducing face coverings inside the building in communal areas
- Increasing social distancing
- Stopping larger group gatherings inside e.g. key stage assemblies
- Only essential visitors allowed inside the building
Further to this I would like to inform you that the following will also now be in operation:
- Remote Learning in place for children having to stay at home for 5 days if a family as a member of their household has a positive case
- Classes changing separately for PE to help reduce transmission between groups of children
- All parent’s evenings will be on TEAMs next week – there will be no face to face appointments at this time
Please note that at Alderley Edge Community Primary School we have a couple of isolated cases that are not connected by school but from the external community. However, we are being extra cautious as we do not want to have an outbreak. We want all our children and teachers to be able to come to school and continue to work as normally as possible.